Gimnazija Antona Aškerca
|Tajništvo:||01 24 11 660|
|Zbornica:||01 24 11 606|
|Svet. služba:||01 24 11 608|
|Fax:||01 24 11 661|
|01 24 11 660|
|01 24 11 612|
|Knjižnica||01 24 11 638|
|Računovodstvo||01 24 11 667|
Uradne ure tajništva:
vsak delavnik od 10.00 do 12.00
Uradne ure tajnika šol. mat. komisije:
vsak torek od 10.25 do 11.10
Uradne ure tajništva izob. odraslih:
vsak delavnik od 10.00 do 12.00
WHERE ARE WE?
Our school is located in the centre of town between the Roman Wall and Aškerčeva Street on the foundations of ancient Emona – this is what Ljubljana was called in the times of the Western Roman Empire. There are numerous colleges, cultural institutions and monuments in its neighbourhood. In 1911, at the time of its construction, the building was one of the most beautiful architectural achievements in the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
SINCE WHEN HAS THE GRAMMAR SCHOOL BEEN HERE?
As our school is situated in Aškerčeva Street. We are proud to be named after Anton Aškerc, a poet, master of the ballad, an archiver, the editor of the literary newspaper Ljubljanski zvon, a travel writer and a priest. In his times, he was one of the most famous Slovenes – he was even nominated for a Nobel Prize.
WHAT KIND OF GRAMMAR SCHOOL ARE WE?
General, our students are interested in various things.
WHO ENROLLS AT OUR SCHOOL?
Elementary school leavers enroll for our regular programme and those a little older for the matura (A-levels) course. And since we enjoy a good reputation quite a few students from other schools are also welcomed during the academic year.
WHEN ARE CLASSES HELD?
Classes are held in the morning only. There is a 35-minute break when students can have a light meal with a choice of either hot, cold, vegetarian or diet food.
HOW MANY STUDENTS DO WE HAVE?
So far we have had over 3,000 students. This year there are 594 students attending our school and are taught by 48 teachers.
WHAT DO STUDENTS DO?
They learn and prepare themselves for the matura exam.
AND THIS IS ALL?
Noo! They have a host of extra-curriculum activities, sports and learning camps, they attend concerts, go to the theatre and cinema, visit exhibitions, compete in knowledge and sports disciplines, take part in projects, humanitarian actions, and excursions all over Slovenia and abroad, take language courses ...
Our students dedicate their time to developing their talents and creativity. They have been involved in many events, either together with their teachers or by themselves:
- Ljubljana secondary school students' literary evenings,
- dramatisation of the texts which need to be studied for the matura (A-levels) exam,
- performance of the poem Balada by Anton Aškerc,
- literary contest for the best text entitled Fear and Courage on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth of Anton Aškerc,
- theatre performances in English, The Mousetrap and Exercises in Style,
- two performances on the occasion of the 500th anniversary of the birth of Primož Trubar: Anton Aškerc and Primož Trubar and Anton Aškerc and Evropa,
- miniature book of poems by Anton Aškerc,
- taking part in successful school exhibitions: Punk and New Wave (Punk in novi val); the Isonzo Front and the 10th Anniversary of Independence; Something about the 1960s and 1970s,
- developing their talent for the theatre in ŠILA (School Improvisation League) and Improliga (Improvisation league) and their iterary talents in the school publication Aškerčevi asi (the Aces of Aškerc) and by participating in various contests,
- photographic contests...
We must have forgotten something...Not on purpose.